Monday, January 5, 2009

I Can Never Figure This Out...Until Now...

One notable person I admire and connect with is Le Ly Hayslip.
She is the author of "Heaven and Earth, "Child of War, Woman of Peace," and many others.
Hayslip was born three pounds (1,360 grams) in Southeast Asia (French Indochina) at her home.
I was born three pounds (1,360 grams) in America (New England) at the hospital.
She grew up healthy without internal pain, I grew up sick with internal pain.
We were both born the same weight (mine fell to 1,000 grams- less than 3 pounds in one day,) why such a difference?
I could never figure this out...until now...
She was treated normally at birth, like any other child born with a few more weights to be considered "healthy" (technically "burden," but of which they do not know or have forgotten,) fed by her mother, and warmed by the hearth. She could survive on her own without any trouble from the start, because she was no different than any other human being.
I was...
seeingmeasunabletosurviveonmyownbecauseididnotcarryonmoreweightthanusualsothehospitalpeopleknockedmymotherdownandtookmefromherwarmthandchamberedmeartificallyinsideanincubatorandputtubesthroughmeandtorturedme...
I became sick, and she did not...

No comments: