Monday, August 18, 2008

My Beloved!

You know, the very thought of you.
That one thought, and I forget to do.
Yes, I may not be able to give you all.
All too often, I let you down and fall.
Only to pieces, such ignorance was I.
Not complaining you just walk on by.
Dusting off you slowly walk towards me.
With every step of gracefulness and ease.

You who I everyday will mercilessly stab.
Knives and harsh words to you I threw at.
No matter how wretched my persona was.
You'd always say: "you I love, just because."
Poor soul, it was because you never gave up.
Never was the door closed on me, your love!

As I finish writing this poem of lamentation.
Blood leaching when I think of past frictions.
I cannot bear this weight anymore, my mate!
I'm gonna love you forever, and yes I will stay!
My body and soul locked in your embrace.
You beloved, let us elope without a trace.

No comments: